006. Abundance
Watercolor and guache on paper

The vase is called ‘Vase Etrusque AB’ and was made by the Sèvres Porcelain Manufactory in 1846. Only two of these vases were manufactured–one was delivered to the king for presentation to the Bey of Tunis in 1846, while the other was delivered on the king’s orders to his son, His Royal Highness Monseigneur the duc d’Aumale, in 1847. This manner of dense decoration has come to be closely identified with King Louis Philippe.